Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Clearing, cleaning, enlightening: all hail the Mighty Closet Purge of 2015!

If the other mystics are right and clearing things out allows for wonderful things to flow in, I'll be winning the Powerball jackpot of at least 2 Million Dollars tonight ...

For approximately 2 full hours today, I plowed through my closet and parted with three boxes of clothes plus one huge plastic tub of shoes.

This has been a long time coming, folks.  I've had a pile of sweaters on a top shelf of my closet that were so ponderously unwieldy, they kept falling on my head every time I went to get a big sweater.  I had so many sweaters piled upon sweaters, that I forgot I had about 30% of them.  Long neglected sweaters saw the light of day today, some for the first time in years.

And clothes got thrown in the boxes.  Worn-out clothes, some clothes that are rather new but not very well made.  They did not fair so well with simple washing - they are now a mere memory.

Some poignant moments were had.  I realized that a good chunk of beautiful vintage short cardigans had been neglected by me fora long while because of my weight gain.  Now that I'm well on my way to my perfect weight again, I'm unearthing these beauties.  I'm also having "come to Jesus" moments about certain sweaters that were always too small, but were bought on Ebay from sellers with "no return" policies.  These lovelies are now in my office, waiting to have their very own Ebay sale ... this time from THIS Ebay seller who DOES allow returns.

I feel lighter, happier, cleaner.  I welcome all the good energy to come streaming in.  I acknowledge the fact that, by turning 52, I' am pressing a reset button by Maya standards, and I gratefully allow myself to cast off that which no longer serves me or makes me shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment