Monday, October 5, 2015

October, 2015: The Season of the Witch



Hello and welcome to October, witches all!




Folks, the last year or so has been a very enlightening time of growth for me in many aspects of my life, but mostly in my spirituality.  Something has shifted and I no longer fear my self-identification as a witch.  So, in honor of this shift and acceptance, I'm doing daily posts on this blog's Facebook page that have to do with witchiness, being witchy, the Craft, popular culture revolving around the Craft (leaning, of course, to Mid-Century things), tutorials on witchcraft.  I call them, "Season of the Witch".  You can read them here:


Part of my personal Season has to do with creating my own path of study in the Craft.  Although I am a member of a coven, I'm rarely able to take part in temple activities because it's about an hour from my house.  So, springboarding from what I've already learned, I'm following the lessons detailed in the book, "To Stir a Magick Cauldron" by the incomparable Silver RavenWolf: 



It's been a challenge to stay on course at times with my magickal learning, but Silver RavenWolf gives you clear lessons to follow which have, thus far, been very revealing for me.  To date, I've created my own devotionals, worked closely with grounding and centering (practiced this in the past, but RavenWolf really makes the concept clear and easy), and fashioned an outdoor altar to work with nature spirits; yes, I'm creating my own Hogwarts.  I've been growing in confidence through the use of this book, which has been tremendous gift.  Confidence was what I was lacking.  RavenWolf's guidance and warmth is without peer.  So grateful.  So, so grateful ...

Tune in next time, friends in magick, when the Mystic reveals what she's been up to in the woods ...


No comments:

Post a Comment