Wednesday, December 20, 2017

A labyrinth on Winter Solstice Eve

Labyrinth, Theosophical Society, Wheaton, IL (photo from website: https://www.theosophical.org/)

December 20th doesn't get much love.

Mind you, it IS a busy time.  Especially busy for me this year, since my lovely husband and I just wrapped up a show (the 80th anniversary performance of the old-time Chicago radio classic, "The Cinnamon Bear" - a huge labor of love for him that occupied much of our energy for the last month or so), and now I have a raft of voice-over auditions my agents are sending for end-of-year campaigns, plus final holiday "business and industry" (cards, last-,minute gifts, figuring out which tipsy spirits to purchase for an upcoming shenanigan), plus maneuvering through a list of distractions as long as a daisy chain of a hundred Elves on Shelves.

I needed a bit of quietude.  I needed to decompress.  And I needed to dial in to Spirit for the Big Day tomorrow, Winter Solstice, then soon to follow Christmas Eve and Christmas Day (and Festivus.  Let us not forget Festivus). So I was delighted to find myself, between errands and an audition, near my own personal Hogwarts, The Theosophical Society in Wheaton, IL, and recalled they have quite a beautiful little labyrinth on the premises.  And it was whispering my name with not just a little bit of urgency.

Quite often, when you enter a labyrinth, you come with a question, a request of Spirit, or to concentrate on something.  Walking to the center of the design, you're often encouraged to work through something, to let go of something.  Then, once you arrive at the center, you center, give thanks, then you exit as you came, all the while either thanking Spirit or filling the space that you emptied with a new energy or purpose or goal.

I did a little bit of all of the above. I won't go into my personal details, but I at first came with a particular problem.  I was then told, in no uncertain terms by my angels and guides, that it was small potatoes and would be taken care of in a timely manner and all was well.  No, for me, I was to concentrate on a bigger picture goal of peace, love, creativity, and connection with Spirit.

And, upon exiting the labyrinth, I realized I have a new tradition to incorporate into my seasonal festivities. December 20th, Winter Solstice Eve, shall now be deemed Labyrinth Day.  Since Solstice itself is filled with so much power, I think starting your work with Spirit a day before is a perfect way to set the stage for the Shortest, Darkest Day, the day when we go within, start to germinate our goals and Life Art for the new calendar year, especially those things that will start to bloom and grow in the Spring and Summer.

So walk a labyrinth. Start your own tradition of connection to Spirit. May that connection only grow and deepen during these dark, quiet months ahead.

Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment