Monday, June 25, 2012

Monday is Tarot Day: The ICF Midwest Regional Conference




http://www.learntarot.com/bigjpgs/cups01.jpgSo, for those not "in the know": ICF stands for International Coaching federation.  This past weekend, my hubby Ben Dooley helped to host the very first Midwest regional Conference here in the Chicago area.  I attended as a newbie life coach, enjoying many a great lecture,. awesome entertainment, and really super food at the Rosemont Hilton.  I also did tarot both mornings of the conference.

Ben set me up in a small room wherein I did mini readings for an hour in the morning, from 7 AM to 8 AM (officially THE earliest I've ever done a reading, ever, ever) as part of the conference's "Fresh Start" program.  Just one-card pulls.  From my trusty Rider-Waite deck, my "tarot for the people" deck, the one I take to parties, fairs, that sort of thing.  It doesn't like to read for me, just for others.  And I'm fine with that - it's extroverted that way.

 Interestingly, one card kept popping up more than any other.  In fact, I'd say that about 10% of all the readings came up with this particular card: the Ace of Cups.

Curious, isn't it?  Until you remember what the Ace of Cups is all about.New, heartfelt beginnings.  Leading with the heart.  Just the thing that coaches do, especially when they follow their hearts in order for their clients to reach their full potentials.  I like to think that when I'm totally in the zone with a client, I'm led by God, the Universe, the Holy Spirit to do the very best I can for that person.  If you take a look at the card itself, lo! and behold, there's the Holy Spirit itself bringing God Energy into the mix.

I love when this tarot stuff is so gosh-darned accurate!

No comments:

Post a Comment