Friday, June 8, 2012

VIDEO: Mister Rogers Remixed - The Garden of Your Mind



Detail from Idlewild's Mister Rogers' Neighborhood Ride
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFzXaFbxDcM

Back toward the beginning of the Road Trip I took for my book, The Cotton Candy Road Trip", I spent a magnificent day at Idlewild Park in western Pennsylvania.  One of the sweetest and most unique experiences was a visit to the Land of Make Believe - they have an actual trolley that whisks you through it and you get to meet all the fabled characters the wonderful Fred Rogers made famous.  I can tell you many tears were shed when the recorded voice of my beloved Mr. Rogers wafted through the speakers and took us along on a fairytale journey.

I counted.  It only took me 40 seconds to start crying while watching this fantastic video.

When I think about it, I realize that Fred Rogers, who was a minister at one time, was truly a mystic in many ways.  His belief that you have this tremendous power inside you, his gentle messages of love and tolerance, are amazingly potent and timeless.

Thank you, Mr. Rogers.  You've helped this traveler plant made a fantastic idea in the garden of her mind ...

No comments:

Post a Comment