Monday, August 19, 2013

Ascended Masters Oracle Cards - by Doreen Virtue.

As a tarot reader or enthusiast, you know how it can be.  You want to take your cards out and about, treat them to a trip to the library, let them ride the train, do an impromptu reading for yourself at the local coffee shop where they can smell the roasty aromas.  However, unless you happen to have the fortune to live in Salem, Massachusetts (or another town that's equally open-minded), your divinatory practice can elicit some "interesting" reactions.  I've had people ask if I'm a paid reader for whichever place I'm at.  I've had store owners ask me what I'm doing in hushed, suspicious tones.  I've had people take their children by the hand and leave.  I've had head shakes, stares, frightened stares, blanched-white stares.  To be fair, I have a few friendly, truly curious folk ask me about my practice.  But the usual reaction to my simply taking out a tarot deck and giving myself a quick three-card reading can be summed up by this phrase: "We don't like your kind 'round here..."

Not so with the Ascended Masters oracle cards!!

These beautifully-drawn, thoughtfully-considered cards seem to draw people to them, even folks who usually are uncertain about other divinatory decks.

The 44-card deck comes with a guidebook, which is a very good thing! My friend, who has a Masters in Religious Studies, had absolutely no idea who a number of these masters were.

"Wait.  Doreen Virtue must be making some of these names up, conjuring up false bios and attributing bogus miracles to these guys!"

Not so.  Each and every being can be verified by searching around online, or by a quick trip to the nearby metaphysical store, wherein you can learn even more about each one.

So, what are some of the positive points to this deck?  They are plenty!:

 -- Perfect deck to bring out in public!  The beautiful artwork alone will squash all detractors!

 -- People can relate to the images of deities faster than they can wrap their heads around the imagery found in tarot.  Plus, no scary devils or people falling out of towers (you'd be surprised how many people I know who won't touch a tarot deck because of the imagery).

 -- It's a veritable crash course in world belief systems!  Deities and holy people from Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, and Paganism are featured, as well as many other religions.  My Religious Studies pal, after conceding that maybe she doesn't know everything, really embraced the deck as a colorful learning tool. Yep, you could use this deck as flash cards for teaching yourself about these masters; I have!

 -- And, the most powerful benefit, as far as I'm concerned, is the tremendous, positive energy the deck has!  Even before consecrating and clearing the deck for use, it was essentially vibrating in my hands, chomping at the bit to be used, to share its strength!  Quite often, when I don't have time for a full tarot spread, I'll break out the Ascended Masters deck and pull one card.  This one card packs a tremendous punch.  I'll tell folks that if they quickly want a jolt of inspiration or guidance, I'll gladly treat them to the Ascended Masters.  Every time people leave feeling buoyed along by grace.  It's like a full ten-card spread in one convenient card - with Retsin!

The Masters are wise, beneficent and loving.  Doreen Virtue has assembled an extremely powerful deck which transcends most belief systems while simultaneously embracing them all. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment