Wednesday, September 24, 2014

The News: I shall endeavor to write a book about spirituality. Because there is much more than this ...



But it won't be just another book about spirituality.

It'll be about the idea of "more than".

Some of my inspiration comes from this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Qta5_pY9y0

Throughout my life, even as a tyke, I was always drawn to the more than, what's just beyond the horizon, what's just beyond our grasp.  The unknown, the esoteric, the paranormal.  But not the dark side. I acknowledge it, but never embrace it.  I've always known that good does win out. And I've always known, always felt, guided, supported, and comforted by forces not always seen, but often felt, sensed.

Bewitched - Wikipedia
This family felt completely normal to me

I know most kids have rich fantasy worlds.  Mine were extraordinarily clear and vibrant.  And I was always, from as long as I can recall, drawn to the mystical and magical: not with a sense of whimsy, but a sense of belonging.  Samantha Stephens, Mary Poppins, even in some ways the Adams Family: these were my people.

So, today I officially announce to the world that this book project is under way. Some portions have been under way for years, but kept veiled in secrecy.  Let the veil fall.

This Mystic is ready to reveal what it's like to visit the More Than every single day.

Words to ponder:

Hamlet:
And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Hamlet Act 1, scene 5, 159–167

No comments:

Post a Comment