Monday, February 27, 2012

Monday is Tarot Day! (Yawwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnn...)

and after last night's Oscar party at our place, I could very well post about the Devil card, and too much booze and chocolate pie.

The 4 of Swords Tarot Card based on Rider-Waite
But my Monday tarot blogging isn't about repeats just yet.  So, what to write about today? (and can you tell I had minimal sleep and am still punchy, even after a long nap?  Yes, I am...)

Okay then - the Four of Swords.  This card is about needing to take a step back and rest.  And it's less about quiet contemplation (that's more The Hermit) than simply knowing your body needs rest.  But the cautionary aspect of the card is that if you don't take the initiative and get your rest, it will be imposed upon you, oftentimes in the form of illness that will slow you down in order to heal you.

So, on this day after our big annual Oscar party, I'm grateful that I had the time to snuggle up in my lounging pajamas and nap for hours on the couch.  It was much-needed and well-deserved, after planning and decorating and assembling our party to the nines.

No comments:

Post a Comment