Wednesday, August 15, 2012

August 15 - big things ...


Back in 2003, a ragtag group of us, decked out in "Mad Max"-ish gear, did a post-apocalyptic version of "Tomorrow Belongs to Me" from "Cabaret" - because Mr. Crowe so requested it (he had ties with a company member of Circle Theatre; that's how we got the "gig").  He loved it; he even gave us a pep talk backstage before curtain.  And, after the show, we got to hang for a bit with the band.  And the ladies all got flowers and a bottle of wine.

Russell Crowe!
THE Russell Crowe.  He's very sweet.
I was just pondering today.  Quite often, during the middle of August, I have big things happening.  Last year, I was finishing up my tours for my book, "The Cotton Candy Road Trip" (with the exception of a visit to Santa's Village Azoosment Park).  Back in 2003, I was part of a group of folks from Circle who were essentially "hired" by THE Russell Crowe to open his show at the House of Blues.  Yes, you read that right.  I got to "work" with Russell Crowe.  

No, really.  This really happened.

I really should check my astrological chart to see what's going on in mid-August, because every year brings with a flight of fancy, something exciting.  Like today: an interview I did for the Chicago Tribune was published about the aforementioned Santa's Village and a portion of it talks about my book!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/chi-santas-village-amusement-park-20120814,0,6360507.column

And I'm in a musical review over at Wheaton Drama wherein 22 of us do the equivalent, separately, of a lead role in am musical (read my 8/13 blog post).

Egads, I enjoy the Ides of August.

No comments:

Post a Comment