Monday, August 6, 2012

Monday is Tarot Day - The Empress


The Empress (Tarot card)

I rarely pull The Empress card when doing readings for myself.  Oh, I have folks pull it quite often when I'm reading for them, especially (no surprise) women.  And, quite often, what comes to the fore after speaking with them is something on the order of needing to reconnect with the feminine or seeing what "maternal energy" means to them.

Yep - those sort of things.  The things that, well, I sometimes have a hard time fully embracing in myself.  Not that I'm boyish, but I've never completely thought of myself as ultra-feminine or frilly.  And I'm not a mom, so ...

So when I was out walking in the arboretum this morning, I really couldn't quite figure out why image of The Empress hit me square in the Third Eye.  Then I decided to meditate upon the image this afternoon.

She's beautiful,isn't she?  She's the ultimate in Girl Power.  A strong femininity.  Fecundity.  And she's completely at ease in the natural world.

"Hmmm... go on," I feel myself saying to myself.

Inner feminine wisdom is receptive and nurturing.  It's strong, it can take a stand, but it doesn't act aggressively.  It holds others in a warm embrace.  It gives.

Interestingly, I'm part of a musical review in the next week or so, and all us actors are putting it together very quickly.  And I know there's some fear regarding how speedy the rehearsal process is.

What's been coming up for me?  I'm actually pretty calm about it all - and I have this deep desire to make sure everyone else is calm, too.  A few things about certain numbers are a little scary, but certainly not outside our scope of ability.  I'm looking forward to fashioning this show, to helping it as best I can, to giving birth to a swell piece of theatre.

Hm.  I think I can relate to this Empress better than I ever thought possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment