Tuesday, July 31, 2012

That wacky Leo-Aquarius Full Moon, "The Planets", the "Bewitched" house and other things.



Bewitched House in Santa



Okay, so then.  I had no idea there was a house in Santa Monica which was the inspiration for the house set used for "Bewitched".  Nope, although I'm this uber fan of the show, I don't have it all memorized, nor do I know every scintilla of trivia.  I just know that it's been an inspiration to me since I was a pre-schooler and that my spirit guide's name is Samantha.

So when a friend of mine posted the photos of the actual house and the "set" house on my Facebook wall, I did a flip over imaginary uneven parallel bars like an Olympic gymnast.

Holy Bisquick in a pan!!

And my friend just assumed I'd already made the pilgrimage out to see it.  Sha - NO!  But I'll most definitely add it to our itinerary when next in Southern Cal.

Full Moon in Aquarius - July
Aquarius, the Water Bearer, all cosmic-like.
So, alright, there's that.  Then I opened the inbox today to receive a newsletter from Molly Hall of About.com Astrology.  Come the early hours of August 2, this Thursday, there will be a Leo-Aquarius Full moon.  Let me fill you in about the ramifications of said moon.


And now, I'll let you in on something a little more personal.  I'm an Aquarius, and guess what my rising sign is.  Yeppers, that would be Leo.  So I'm essentially taking a bubble bath in some of the most cosmically aligned potion you could ever imagine finding at Sephora.  And it must smell like violets and citrus and vetiver, and the water never changes from the perfect soaking temperature, and while I'm soaking, I'm being met by Samantha my spirit guide who takes me to a starry, glittering castle and opens a door to the upper most parapet and therein lies all the answers to all Universal queries ...
holst-the-planets
Alrighty then.  I'll flit back down to Earth and tell you that, in fact, as the Leo-Aquarius moon approaches, I'm going to attend the Ravinia festival tonight with my sweet hubby; this is an event we've been giddy about for months.  The piece which we'll be enveloped by this evening?  Gustav Holst's "The Planets", an orchestral suite inspired by the seven planets then known by Holst back in the mid 1910s.  The suite has seven movements, each named after a planet and its corresponding astrological character (Mars, the Bringer of War; Venus, the Bringer of Peace; Mercury, the Winged Messenger; Jupiter, the Bringer of Jollity; Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age; Uranus, the Magician; and Neptune, the Mystic).

(This Mid-Century Mystic is filled with avarice over the costumes the folks are wearing in that vintage LP cover, let me tell you.)

As my airy Aquarian mind grasps to find a way to tie this blog rant all together, it finally decides to leave that up to you, dear reader.  I'll probably report back in a few days, after the cosmic cymbals crash in the sky and Leo roars and Aquarius blinks her eyes and thinks, "Wow.  Groovy." And the lion follows the path the water bearer's celestial river spills toward, in an ever-expanding search for full moon power and magic.
 Leo Horoscope 2012:






No comments:

Post a Comment