Sunday, July 8, 2012

The Chopra Center Retreat starts tomorrow ...



I've also called it "Possibly Changing My Life Forever" or "Reinstilling the Importance of Meditation Again" or "That Really Great Thing I Won From WCPT".  But whatever it ends up being, I'll blogging about it here.

Tomorrow at 2 PM I start learning Primordial Sound Meditation.  I learned TM (transcendental mediation) about 19 years ago, and I still practice it from time to time, but not like I did several years ago.  That's why I entered the contest to win this retreat.  And win it I did (which still bowls me over).

It begins tomorrow afternoon at 2.  It runs all week long, until Sunday afternoon.  I'll meditate (with those primordial sounds.  First I need to learn exactly what they are; apparently they're connected to your birth time), I'll do yoga (they say it's  for beginner and intermediate levels, which makes me unbelievably relieved, as I'm not wont to twist into a pretzel), and I'll attend lectures and hear Deepak Chopra speak.  THE Deepak Chopra.  You know - the guy who hangs out with Oprah Winfrey and wrote a bazillion books and is wisdom beyond comprehension?  Yep, him.

Did I mention this was all free?  Yes it is.  Because I won it and am still shocked and stunned at my luck.

I even get to be treated to awesome vegetarian cuisine and traipse about the grounds, blissful and serene, presumably with a tummy full of lentils.

I'll let you know more when I know more.  'Til then, I'm immensely jazzed up.  I get to retreat from the usual daily routines and enter a world of mantra and movement, of music and contemplation.  And curry.  Hopefully lots of curry.

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/tupungato/tupungato0710/tupungato071000109/1960448-abstract-fractal-background-computer-generated-graphics-purple-light-swirl.jpgAn image just came to mind for the upcoming week.  So I looked around online to find it.  This is the image:

Be curious to see if this means anything pertinent in a few days' time ...





No comments:

Post a Comment