Monday, July 9, 2012

Monday is Tarot Day! Such a beautiful new beginning of spirit!


ACE OF WANDS

I've recently been enjoying "Tarot Awareness", a wonderful book about using tarot for meditation.  Book's been around for awhile, but it only makes sense that I should learn about it a few months ago and embark upon it now, because, apparently, the Universe wants me to meditate again. 

Today was my first day of the Chopra Center "Seduction of Spirit" retreat. The retreat space, at Eagle Wood Resort in Itasca, IL, couldn't be more lovely, the staff from the Chopra Center couldn't be more helpful and welcoming.  And I couldn't be more blown away by my good fortune - or more blissed out right now. Group mediation with around 160 other beautiful souls can do that to a person.

But enough about that.  What's up with the Ace of Wands and my new take on meditation and this wonderful gift that's come my way?

The suit of Wands are about spiritual matters.  Oh, lookie -  seems as though the hand of God is handing someone a big ol' wand of sprouting consciousness, of spirit ready to bloom and grow.  Hmmmm ... could it be me that's ready and willing to jump back into the meditative realm again?  Seems all arrows - and mystical god-like, ghosty hands floating in on a cloud - are saying "yes!".

It's as if God/Universe is basically making Itself clear about my need to meditate, about the importance of that sublime quiet stillness, about calming down, cooling off.  Since 2012 began, I've been off and running, quite often meeting myself at the door, and rarely giving myself any time to really be quiet, inside and out quiet.  My hubby recently asked me, while I was in the throes of running about and complaining about one stress after another, "Will meditation help?"  I blush to admit, I said I couldn't calm down long enough to sit quietly for 3 minutes, let alone 30.

For the next 6 days, I won't be able to escape it.  God will basically be sitting right next to me, gently reminding me that this truly Magic Wand will be at my ready, in the form of my new mantra (my primordial sound mantra, one that I've had with me since I came into this world, one that I met again today like a long-lost friend who knew everything about me and was so glad to be able to reconnect after decades).

All I need to do is trust, to stay still, to calmly remind my wandering mind that this unique and brilliant sound is mine and will help iron out all the rumples.

No comments:

Post a Comment