Monday, July 30, 2012

Monday is Tarot Day: Meditation on The Hermit.

So it's been a few weeks now since I took part in a life-changing experience, the Chopra Center's "Seduction of Spirit" retreat.  I've been a very good meditation student, having only missed one meditation session.  That was yesterday.  And I haven't exploded anything like that.  Not that I thought I would, but when you're really committing to a meditation practice, you feel pretty guilty if you miss a day.

Which is pretty much what meditation is NOT about.  It's about entering the silence, connecting with Universal or God energy, and about cultivating a healing place in your soul from which you can bring about positive change in the world.

Going within.  Not escaping, but retreating for 20-30 minutes, twice daily.  And, like the Hermit portrayed in this beautiful image from seewithin.wordpress.com, holding a gentle light up to your heart, to notice its connection with All  That Is, and to express it outward in our lives.

I love this card because it also brings to mind another type of meditation I enjoy: walking in nature.  It's quite easy, healthful, and healing.

No matter which form of meditation you choose, DO choose.  I believe we all need it - and all of us need all of us to practice it.

Namaste.


The Hermit asks you to

No comments:

Post a Comment