Saturday, October 11, 2014

31 Days of Spooktober, Day 11: The Most Haunted Places in Illinois (a.k.a. Ghosts I Have Met)

Well, la dee da!  Seems as though there's been a list compiled of the most haunted places in Illinois!  Here it is, with accompanying EMF meter readings:

http://www.hauntedplaces.org/state/Illinois

Gotta admit, this is quite a thorough list; I've got a lot of catching up to do.  I've been to 34 of these places, plus a plethora more not listed here.  The following are little thumbnails of some of my encounters with the Unseen in Illinois:




  • I can completely vouch for the energies found at Bachelor's Grove, where my husband and I found ourselves swept up in a vortex of negativity that made us skeedaddle out of the place like Warner Bros. cartoon characters - but not before snapping a number of photos, one of which captured a number of orbs dancing around my Dad's head.  He attracts things.
  • I can also attest to the theatre at Morton College being one freaky place.  For it was there a group of friends and I did some Ouija board work back in the 80s - and had the added bit of fun of having one of the spirits we contacted hitch a ride with one of us back to his apartment. I also know people who saw the singing ghost in the last few rows of the theatre seats.


  • The Red Lion Pub has a ladies' room with some interesting activity.  I felt watched as I washed my hands.  I felt "needed" by some sort of entity, who didn't want me to leave.


  • I was with a friend when she saw "Resurrection Mary".  We filmed a portion of an episode of  "Unsolved Mysteries" and told our story.  I used to have a link to the Youtube video of our appearance, but the production company removed it due to copyright infringement (sad face).


  • Smelled the scent of violets at Robinson Woods.  They wafted right by my nose like someone was holding a small bunch of flowers and quickly passed them right by my face.


Here are a couple that are not mentioned in the article, but should be:


  • Naperville Cemetery: captured EVPs and also experienced electrical zapping cobwebby stuff.


  • The intersection of Burlington and Quincy Streets in Naperville is the site of the horrific 1946 train wreck.  I had some amazing EVPs here, as well as clear communication using Ghost Radar and EMF meters.



I could go on and on, but then you'd be reading a good chunk of what will be a new book I'm working on.  You'll just have to bide your time.

Pleasant dreams ...










No comments:

Post a Comment