Friday, October 17, 2014

31 Days of Spooktober, day 17: Vintage Gurley Halloween Candles!

http://www.pinterest.com/VTGHalloween/vintage-halloween-gurley-candles/

Vintage Gurley Halloween Candle ~ Witch with Pumpkin
I've got one just like her.  Wick pulled out to keep her UNlit!

Check out this Pinterest page that's dedicated to vintage Gurley Halloween candles!

These little figurines played a huge role in my childhood!  I can still smell the waxy goodness.  I can also remember how I pulled out the wicks so my Mom wouldn't ever burn them; I just dug them as the wonderful pieces of Mid-Century art that they were!

So click the link above and enjoy!

P.S. I still have mine.  I have the Big Witch, several Little Witches (who I called "The Tabithas"), a couple ghosts, and a bunch of pumpkins.  I'll never part with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment