Sunday, October 5, 2014

31 Days of Spooktober, Day 5: Hitchcock Halloween Decor

My darling Hitchcockian throw pillow
So you know, you can get THE best things in the world at the Kane County Flea Market.  And so you also know: it's less "flea" than "really cool things that are mostly antique but are also, at times, home-made".

Case in point, my new bit of Halloween decor, handmade by The Clay Penguin (that's her Etsy store, but I met her in-person at the Flea; her name is Lisa Cramer).  Here's a link to the store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheClayPenguin  And. in case you're curious: the design on the pillow is by graffiti artist Banksy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banksy  I bet you could order your OWN Hitchcock "The Birds" pillow at her Etsy shoppe.  Or maybe you'd like eight or more!

Ms. Cramer, a.k.a. Clay Penguin Lady, is a sweet gal and had a great selection of items, some handmade, others vintage, at her table at the Flea.  We shared our stories about our love of Hitchcock, namely "The Birds", and I told her about the time I saw the film at the Hollywood Palms on the Big Screen and Tippi Hedren was indeed there to introduce the show, but had a cold so only spoke for a short period of time.  And speaking of short, Tippi's about 3 feet tall.  I know this because I was entering the ladies' room as she was exiting.  She's still absolutely stunning in her 80s.

The beautiful Ms. Hedren and Crow

I also mentioned that at this viewing of the film, there was a young girl who came TOTALLY decked-out as Tippi, in torn and bloody skirt suit, with fake bird neatly attached to her head.  And I said if I could've adopted the child, I would've. The child waited in line to have Ms. Hedren autograph her Tippi Hedren Barbie doll.  Here is a photo of said doll:

I own the doll

Such was my day at the Flea.  Now to decide how else to Hitchcockify my digs for the season ...

No comments:

Post a Comment