Monday, January 30, 2012

Monday is Tarot Day. Just another day at the Three Broomsticks...

Why Professor Trelawney?Poor Professor Trelawney.  In the last few books of the "Harry Potter" series, she's all but forgotten, put on probation by Miss Umbridge (no one with a wall of meowing cat plates can be totally trusted), although she did have a brilliant moment of resurgence at the end during the Battle of Hogwarts, when she magically flung crystal balls at the aggressors.  But still, the woman was often thought of as a charlatan, which is a pack of lies.  For more about her history, take a gander at this entry about Sybill at Harry Potter Wiki:


No one knows for sure if she's still teaching Divination at Hogwarts, but I hope she is.  When I recently visited the Three Broomsticks, I looked for her, inquired about her, but her whereabouts remain a mystery.

In her honor,and fulfilling a fantasy years in the making, my recent visit to the magical pub included not only a scrumptious and savoury Shepherd's Pie and a delightfully quaffable Butter Beer, but I took the liberty to lay out a simple three-card spread right then and there (drawing a few scurrilous glances from some Muggles who wandered in, but that's all in a day's work sometimes). 

The three-card spread is a classic past, present and future reading.  In the past position, the 4 of Swords.  Which fit that last 24-hours perfectly, as I suffered a fall at a restaurant the previous day (soapy floor.  very soapy.) and bruised my knee and yanked my shoulder, necessitating a period of rest.  The second card, Temperance, totally resonated with the fact that I needed to practice moderation in everything: physical activity, imbibing, eating. 

But what was the most interesting was the Prince of Cups card:  Prince Charming was in my future!  But I already possess a wonderful prince of my own, my sweet Ben.  What could that card portend?  Well, as it came to pass, we decided to visit Downtown Disney that evening and have a wonderful dinner there, followed by a lovely glass of wine atop the magnificent Contemporary Hotel at Walt Disney World, and then a ride on the monorail.  And my gallant love made certain it was a romantic, special evening, what with my birthday being only days away. (Note: none of the Disney princesses showed up, trying to snatch away my own prince, in case you were concerned)

Sybill, I hope I just made you proud with my own divinatory skills.  I raise my mug of creamy, addictive Butter Beer to you, oh wisest of the wise, a truly gifted seer, and one of my personal magical heroes!

No comments:

Post a Comment